The Potting Shed For Potting Plants

Have you gotten tired of bending on your knees or sitting on the ground trying to pot new seeds? Are you tired of spilling the bag of compost or the bag of fertilizer or the special mixes that you like to use to plant new plants or to transplant larger plants? Imagine how wonderful it would be to have a potting shed.

Counter Height Stools Wood

The worse for me has been trying to balance a sheet of lumber on wooden horses, put together a large potting project, and for whatever reason accident or not, the whole improvised table falls to the ground. You do not want to hear my language at that point.

Counter Height Stools Wood

This is the year to construct the potting shed for potting plants. It is time to make planting and transplanting easier and more enjoyable as my hobby. Are you ready for a potting shed?

As I look about at the different types of potting sheds and think about the personal requirements that would work for me my creativity has been challenged. We have a storage shed for storing the large garden tools like the lawnmower, shovels, hoses, etc.

Should you need storage space for all your large garden tools consider designing your storage shed to also be your potting shed? Serving these two needs in one shed does work very well.

Whether your potting shed is free standing or to be included in a storage shed plumbing will be needed. Not only do you want to pot your seedlings and young plants, but you also want to be able to clean your pots, water recently planted seedlings, clean small garden tools, clean harvested fruits, vegetables or flowers and clean your hands.

I want a potting table at the right height for me to work, sink and water, and an extended counter for a work area. I will not be leaving any supplies outside, but I will need hooks and shelving to hold onto items as I work. A few large containers for holding small items like packages of seeds which can be kept on a shelf.

Shading over my work area would be a pleasant addition. The solution for my work table is to attach a slightly pitched roof anchored with two posts to our garden storage shed and construct the potting bench and shelving onto the exterior of the existing shed. A sheet of lattice with hooks can also be attached to the shed wall for hanging items while working.

Another row of shelving can be on the underside of the potting workbench for larger containers if needed. After this small outbuilding extension is constructed I can have a sitting stool and save bending my knees.

This idea will serve my purposes; on the other hand, there are many ways to construct a potting shed. You can probably come up with some ideas that I may not have considered.

I am sure you know that the construction of your potting shed is unique to your situation. Build what works for you.

This article was written to get you inspired to warm up your woodworking skills. If you would like more information on different types of sheds check the hobby page of Tricia Deed at http://www.Infotrish.vpweb.com/ for My Shed Plan and Woodworking Designs Take advantage of downloading your free shed design.

The Potting Shed For Potting Plants
Counter Height Stools Wood

Camo Comforter Queen Panosonic Lumix